Strengthening connections and deepening partnerships to drive our scientific goals
The Culture and Community Steering Committee (CCSC) mission is to act as stewards in shaping and enhancing the culture and community of the Broad by building and strengthening connections among Broadies. Our goal is that all Broadies are empowered, engaged, valued, and are included as drivers and owners of the Broad’s scientific mission. CCSC supports the work of all Broadies to create opportunities to bring people together, and to ensure inclusivity in ownership of our shared institutional culture.
The CCSC aims to facilitate and support the culture of the Broad, instead of directing Broad’s culture. We believe successful, collaborative research environments are the result of many factors, including great people, intellectually-stimulating conversations, growth opportunities, state-of-the-art equipment, access to expertise, and opportunities for fun!
Our work is focused in 3 areas:
Leading Flagship Projects
- Celebrating Broadies: identify and recommend creative ways Broadies can feel valued and be recognized for their work by their managers and peers. CCSC will lead, launch and organize recognition projects.
- BroadCorps: enabling every Broadie to serve and be included in support of our science and our partners. CCSC acts as an advisor and participates in service opportunities.
Advising and Supporting Institutional Initiatives
- Be Big, Feel Small: This charter project focuses on how we work together -- connectivity and shared experience in a growing community.
- Project Brooklyn: This project addresses the challenge of physical space -- and how we use it -- as the number of Broadies and our need for labs and other technology continues to grow. This project will deliver a vision for the Broad physical experience, together with specific recommendations for the most catalytic, cost-effective initial steps that might be implemented between 2017 and 2019.
- Support for Broad Affinity Groups: we provide a forum for the affinity groups to communicate with Broad leadership and organise (if needed -- we don’t want to stipulate they have to go through us if they’re fine on their own). We aim to have representation from all affinity groups on the CCSC, so please let us know if you would like to join the steering community to represent your group.
Supporting and Funding Group Events
The CCSC acts as advisors and catalysts to help groups from across the Broad conceive of, launch, and fund new culture and community related initiatives. If you have an idea for a group event that you would like advice on or an idea you would like to seek funding for, please submit your idea here.
We are always looking for new members to join our efforts! If you are interested, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.