We also offer a carpool program. Due to limited availability of spaces, subsidized Occasional Parking is only available for benefits-eligible employees. However, full time affiliated personnel (i.e. spends 40 hrs a week at the Broad and has a Broad desk assignment) may be allowed to obtain a regular Parking Pass.
To apply, follow the link for the kind of parking you need, located in the right hand column of this page (for medical parking, see below). Parking fees for occasional and regular parking, as well as the carpool program, can be paid via payroll deduction on a monthly basis if you are a paid Broad employee.
Non-Broad-paid parkers must pay in full up front by check made out to the Broad Institute (see rates on application or in the employee benefits manual). Additional information can be found in the Parking and Transportation sections of the Employee Benefits Manual.
Depending where you would like to park, there may be a waiting list for regular parking. Once your application is received, you will either be assigned parking or your name will be added to this list.
Occasional parking allows you to park up to eight times a month in the Green Garage located across from the Stanley Building. To enroll in occasional parking, follow the link on the right side of this page.
New enrollments or changes must be made by the second Friday of the month to be effective for the following month. Passes may be picked up at the front desk of the parker's respective building on the first business day of the month. Occasional parkers may begin parking as soon as they receive their daily parking passes, which can take up to six weeks to receive. Daily passes may be ordered in increments of two, four, six, or eight. Those enrolled in regular parking or the carpool program are not eligible.
Once approved for occasional parking, the number of passes you request is a "standing" order that repeats each month. To change the number of occasional parking passes you receive, complete the Occasional Parking Change Form.
Parking for medical reasons
If you need parking for medical reasons, please contact: email@example.com
The Broad offers several bike cages across our campus. If you use these cages regularly, please consider attaching a Broad bike tag so our team can reach you if necessary. You can pick one up at the front desk of any Broad building. Please contact the Broad security team with any questions or concerns about bicycle storage.
The Stanley Building, 415 Main, and 105 Broadway
Designated Broad Institute bicycle enclosures are located on the ground level (75 Ames/Stanley Building side) and lower level (415 Main side) of the Yellow Garage.
These cages are protected by access control keypads. You can obtain the passcodes to unlock them from the front desk at 415 Main or 75 Ames. If you plan to park your bicycle for more than two weeks, please store it in the lower level cage.
Broad conducts periodic audits to ensure that adequate bicycle storage exists and may relocate stored bicycles if the owner cannot be contacted.
If you prefer, you may store your bicycle in the public bicycle cage located on the ground level of the Yellow Garage. This cage is owned by Boston Properties and is shared by the employees of several Kendall Square tenants. Access this cage by swiping your Broad ID badge on the Broad card reader near the door. Boston Properties does not permit long-term bicycle storage and reserves the right to relocate at their discretion any bicycle deemed abandoned.
Broad provides bicycle parking accommodations on the Bent Street side of 320 Charles. This cage is protected by an access control keypad. You can obtain the passcodes to unlock it from the front desk at 320 Charles. If you plan to store your bicycle in this cage for longer than two weeks, please notify the Broad security team. This cage is periodically audited to ensure that adequate bicycle storage exists.
Visitor parking is offered for associate members and senior associate members through a Broad subsidized parking voucher (parking validation). Please contact facilities for more information.
The Broad offers a Carpool program for all full-time Broad employees and associated personnel. Carpool members enjoy a higher subsidy in addition to the normal parking subsidy, decreasing their annual cost by an additional 50%.
Applicants for carpooling receive preference on the parking waiting list.
This program provides an opportunity to carpool with MIT and Whitehead employees; the primary member assumes all responsibilities for this benefit. To enroll in this program, follow the link on the right hand side of this page. For more information please contact the parking coordinator.
Emergency Ride Home Program
The Broad Institute offers an Emergency Ride Home program. This program offers a free or reimbursable taxi ride to your home or medical facility if an emergency situation occurs at work. To find out how and when to use this program, please visit the HR Benefits Manual.
Parking Rules, Regulations, and Policies
- Abuse of the parking program will result in loss of all parking privileges, and may be subject to further review by the Institute.
- Parking assignments are distributed based on availability.
- Parkers may not switch their parking assignments with another parker, either in the short term or the long term.
- Those with regular or carpool parking must report in writing a change in make or model of car or new license plate number to the Broad Parking Coordinator within 15 days.
- Parking permits, as assigned, for surface parking must be properly displayed on the vehicle at all times. Parker's vehicles which do not display a current permit will be subject to towing. This specific rule references the parking spaces at 320 Charles Street.
- The annual parking fees are not negotiable.
- Occasional Parking Passes are not for resale under any circumstances. Abuse of any kind will result in immediate suspension from the parking program.
- If a parker's vehicle is towed from a Broad assigned lot or garage, because it is improperly parked, the parker bears the entire cost of the tow and resultant storage.
- Parkers may not leave their vehicle overnight on any Broad assigned lot or garage without first receiving permission from the Broad Parking Coordinator.
- Parking assignments are renewed during the month of June. All parkers must renew at this time to ensure continued parking privileges.
- Occasional parking assignments are currently located in the Green Garage, located directly across from the Stanley Building. Passes are not for the Yellow garage (the garage directly behind 415 Main Street). The Broad is not responsible for costs resulting from parking in the wrong garage.
- All parking fees will be reviewed annually, and may increase as the Institute deems appropriate.
- You may cancel parking at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.