How do I get involved?
- Attend our next open meeting.
- Email sustainability@broad to join an ongoing effort.
- Join the Sustainability Google Group and mailing list.
- Join the #sustainability Slack channel.
Why should Broad, and Broadies, care about sustainability?
Sustainability@Broad believes that Broad needs to fulfill our responsibility to protect the environment and ensure that our research will be most impactful and effective. Our mission goes hand-in-hand with Broad’s overall mission to improve human health: we are working to encourage efficient and thoughtful use of resources in a changing, climatologically uncertain landscape. As a pioneering, collaborative, and globally-reaching institution, Broad is uniquely poised to model sustainability-minded business practices and to inspire our fellow biomedical technology and educational leaders to do the same.
Helpful resources to make your lifestyle (at work or home) more sustainable:
- Harvard Green Labs.
- Can I recycle this?
- Going Zero Waste, a helpful blog about simple ways to reduce waste at home.